Description of job position
- Securing the protection of physical persons and private property.
- Performing regular patrols around protected buildings and neighbouring areas.
- Performing patrols in the event that a breach of a protected area is signalled.
- Monitoring buildings and neighbouring areas using security camera systems.
- Determining and recording the identity of individuals.
- Checking people entering a building, performing regular or random personal searches when the presence of dangerous or forbidden items is suspected.
- Checking people leaving a building, performing regular or random personal searches when theft or misappropriation is suspected.
- Using speed, force, and other coercive means to detain a person, if needed.
- Co-operation with the police, firefighters, and rescue team members.
- Providing aid and assistance to the public.
For companies – be confident when making decisions about salaries
Set the salaries of your employees fairly. A detailed salary report will help you to do this. You will always have relevant salary data to hand.
The most common career path of an employee
The graphic shows how employees most often progress in their careers. Click on the name of the position to get to its detail with salary data.
Position Security Guard - Security & Protection in the labour market
In the salary ranking,
the job position takes
Women representation in position
Average age of respondent by position
Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
700 - 998 EUR
Medical Laboratory Technician
Medicine & Social Care
818 - 1,371 EUR
Security & Protection
700 - 1,559 EUR
774 - 1,441 EUR
Chief Executive Officer
2,664 - 10,204 EUR
Is this salary range too huge?
You can find out the average salary in your region by filling out a short questionnaireCompare your salary with others
Get detailed information on salaries in your country
Salary report for the company
* incl. VAT / 99.00 EUR excl. VATOrder the report
- Salary on position by region*, education, practice, business size
- Total salary and its components* (variable component, commissions, rewards)
- Responder distribution to payroll
- Salary ranges expressed by 1st decile, 1st quartile, median, 3rd quartile, 9th decile, and average wage.
- Detailed breakdown of all monitored non-financial benefits provided*
- Financial benefit analysis* * available when regression model is used